Medical Patient Center - Rights and Responsibilities
You have certain rights
as a patient receiving services from Southern Medical. Southern Medical
acknowledges and upholds these rights.
YOU HAVE THE
1. To healthcare that
meets professional standards, and is performed by personnel who are
qualified to carry out the service for which they are responsible.
2. To receive information about Southern Medicals products and services, the
reason for treatment and the risks of therapy in terms you can understand.
3. To be treated with courtesy and respect and receive service without
regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, handicap, age or sexual
4. To make decisions about your care and a responsibility to participate in
and carry out your plan of care.
5. To refuse treatment to the extent permitted by law and to be informed of
the health consequences of refusal.
6. To be taught about your therapy so that you or your caregiver understand
the therapy and your responsibility and involvement in your care.
7. To receive response to any reasonable request for service.
8. To receive information on charges for Southern Medicals services
regardless of the source of payment.
9. To confidential treatment of all records and communications regarding
yourself and/or your medical treatment.
1. You must agree to be
taught the necessary steps to administer your therapy and adhere to these
2. You must agree to be compliant with your therapy regimen and schedule.
3. You must provide Southern Medical with accurate and complete information
about your medical history and condition.
4. You must notify Southern Medical or its visiting agency if you will not
be available for scheduled visits.
5. You must inform Southern Medical or it's visiting agency of appointments
with your physician.
6. You must inform Southern Medical of any changes in your condition,
therapy or difficulties with equipment or supplies.
It is the policy of
Southern Medical to provide the best possible homecare to its patients. If
you feel these rights are being violated, or if you have any suggestions or
concerns about you care call the administrator of Southern Medical. Southern
Medical will take your call 24 hours a day seven days a week.
© 1999 Southern